Vote with Your Mission is CalNonprofits' campaign to have 100% of eligible nonprofit staff, board members, and volunteers vote. We call on nonprofits in California to sign on to Vote with Your Mission!
Why sign on?
- To increase the number of people voting with the ideals and values that bring them into the nonprofit sector
- To increase voting by staff, volunteers, board members and constituents of nonprofits
- To raise the issue of staff/volunteer/constituent voter encouragement to nonprofit organizations and institutions of every size and from every community
- To re-frame nonprofit staff as a significant segment of the voting public
- To provide a vehicle for nonprofit leaders to take the issue of voter encouragement and education to boards, management teams, coalitions, and donors
- To inspire others to take up similar activities
Click HERE to pledge to vote on June 3rd and November 4th.
What does it mean to sign on?
Individuals agree to:
- Sign the pledge to vote in every election for which they are eligible to vote
- Wear the sticker I work for a nonprofit and I Vote (for those who work for nonprofit organizations) or I volunteer for a nonprofit and I vote before and on election day
- Display other related related collateral to encourage voting
- Encourage others in their network to sign on to the Vote with Your Mission campaign
Organizations agree to:
Co-sponsors agree to:
- Display the Vote with Your Mission poster at their site and the Vote with Your Mission logo on their website
- Encourage staff board, volunteers, clients and constituents to sign on to Vote with Your Mission as individuals
- Encourage everyone in the organization and their network to vote on election days
- All organization agreements above, and:
- Include Vote with Your Mission information and links in electronic communications
- Send at least two dedicated emails about Vote with Your Mission to their members/network lists
Encourage other California nonprofits to sign on to Vote with Your Mission!
Vote with Your Mission is a grassroots campaign to highlight the power of the nonprofit community. Ask other nonprofits in your area to join you in participating.
- Send an email to your network and include a blurb in your next newsletter.
- Add the Vote with Your Mission logo to your organization's website home page with a link to www.votewithyourmission.org. Download the logo here.
- Like us on Facebook and share why your organization has signed on to the campaign.
- Tweet why Vote with Your Mission is important and follow us on Twitter(@Vote with Your MissionCampaign).
The following resource partners provide nonpartisan voter registration, engagement, and education materials offered to nonprofits participating in Vote with Your Mission.