We encourage you to:
- Help us build this site: if you've written or read an interesting article on overhead or indirect costs, send it to us! We'll post it on the NOP website to make it easily available for everyone to read.
- Take advantage of the many workshops and forums publicized on the Nonprofit Overhead Project home page. And if you'd like to add your overhead-related event, just let us know.
- If you have contracts with government, let us know what obstacles you are encountering with indirect cost rates with city, county, state, and other levels of government. Sometimes we can help directly or indirectly. Always we need information we can give to OMB and others to let them know of problems that are arising, especially with contracting agencies at all levels of government.
- If you've had a bad or a good experience with a foundation on the issue of overhead and having grants fund the full costs of projects, let us know. Our foundation partners in the Nonprofit Overhead Project want to hear about this. (We won't attribute them to you unless you ask us to!)
- If you know a coalition or a network that wants to educate its members about getting higher indirect cost rates from the government, connect them with us at CalNonprofits.
- Make sure you're subscribed to CalNonprofits' eAlerts for news of upcoming workshops, webinars, and forums on overhead. Subscribe here.
- If you are in private philanthropy, get in touch with the Real Cost Project, a collaborative project of Northern California Grantmakers, San Diego Grantmakers, Southern California Grantmakers, and Social Sector Partners. They're doing research and holding convenings on the issue of funding overhead.
- If you're a government that contracts with nonprofits and want to know how other government agencies are implementing the new OMB Uniform Guidance, please contact CalNonprofits CEO Jan Masaoka.
- Perhaps most importantly: if you have suggestions for what we at CalNonprofits should be doing on the subject of nonprofit overhead, or criticisms or praise for what we've done so far, please let us know. We're only going to get better if we hear from you about how to do so. Contact us here.
P.S. If you're not already a CalNonprofits member, please join today to support this important effort. Not to mention getting member benefits like health insurance for employees, discounts to Office Depot, discounts on events, free webinars, etc.!