Nonprofits don’t only serve our clients and communities; we also represent them.
As an alliance of nonprofits, a crucial role for CalNonprofits is to advance public policies that support a healthy nonprofit ecosystem. We focus on elevating your voice to policy makers, philanthropy, and the public; and strengthening your ability to advocate on behalf of your community.
Ongoing advocacy and support
- Lobbyist in Sacramento - walking the halls and engaging legislators in Sacramento; guided by the Policy Framework that outlines our priorities and issue areas
- Legislation Tracker – the list of bills currently under consideration that affect nonprofits, who supports or opposes them, and their status
- Advocacy tools – engaging your legislators and advocating directly on behalf of your clients
- Advocacy resources - national organizations tracking issues and providing updates on federal matters
- Vote With Your Mission - campaign to have 100% of eligible nonprofit staff, board members, and volunteers register and vote in elections
- California Teleconnect Fund Advocacy - advocating for expanded access by nonprofits to the Fund, opposing the current effort to shrink the Fund by severely restricting the types of nonprofits eligible to apply
- Nonprofit Overhead Project - it's time to change how we think about nonprofit overhead
- Nonprofit Student Debt Project - educating and advocating for nonprofits and their staff on the impact of student debt and the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Prpogram
CalNonprofits is available to visit your coalition meeting or other gathering of organizations to discuss relevant policy initiatives and help you understand and integrate advocacy into your current work. Contact CalNonprofits Policy Director Nancy Berlin for more information.